Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dead Sun Rising: Chapter 1 - Page. 9

Seeing nothing else of interest in the room, i followed the mildly panicing nails (In all actually, i could understand she as afraid, but this afraid...?) out of the room and into the room with all the shelves filled with petri dishes, and into the next room.
In here was nothing of real interest at first glance, it was yet another researshing room filled to the width with different object, most of which none of us knew the function of so we left it alone.
Leaving the rooms almost empty handed, we proceeded out through the cool sliding doors and into the locker room. Taking of the suits, i finally gasped for fresh cool air. Feeling as sweaty as a yeti in a summer vacation resort, i enjoyed just feeling myself cool down for a bit.
The pressing need to proceed made itself reminded of, we stepped out of the locker room and into the deserted and somewhat morbid halls again with Sophie in my hands.

- Well, left or right, which way Chris?
- You are the woman with the crowbar, i say lead the way.
- Then uh... Uh... Left, right, left, right... I'll just go with right. If my intuition fails me, it's your fault.
- Hey, don't blame me if it goes haywire, you are supposed to have your female intuition.
- But that for guys onl... Argh, never mind. Let's just go already.

We started walking to the right, going as far as the corridor hopefully till take us when we heard the distinct noice of something falling to the ground. Both of us on edge, stopped the second we heard the sound. I held up a raised hand to signal her to be quiet, and put down Sophie as gently as i could. Signaling Nails to give me the crowbar, she complied and i started sneaking forward as fast as i could with Nails right behind me. It was still a bit jarring to see the undead up close and personal like that, but he was giving of a distinct moaning and had his back turned against us. Feeling that i didn't want to risk getting any blood on me or nails (And risk an unnessesary infection), i gave her the crowbar and signaled her to wait. The amount of adrenaline going through my body at the time was something i can't properly describe, but every motion felt smooth, controlle and in slow motion. I rushed forward with his back turned, putting my left hand on his chin and my other on the back of his head, flexing my arms as hard as i could and twisted it with every ounce of strenght i had.
With a wet snapping sound, he fell silent immediatley and dropped to the ground with a thud. Breathing hard and heavy, my hands where shaking madly and i had to sit down. Feeling that i didn't want to risk anything, i stomped on his head, furiously. I didn't stop stomping until it was but a pulp left of his head, tears welling up and hatred for these creatures flaring up out of nowhere. When there was barely anything left of the head, i continued to stomp (By now, i was screaming furiously) until Nails pulled me away sobbing.
I could do nothing but cry, feeling regret, anger and just about every negative human emotion running through my head at the time.
When i finally stopped shaking and sobbing, i realised that i was wrapped up in Nails arms. Not sure if it was her that hugged me, or me hugging her, It still felt kind of akward with me trying to play the strong, brave leader. So i muttered a thank you under my breath and stood up straight. Killing somebody, even an undead does not get any simpler as time passes. This might have just been my second kill but... I just hope it gets easier. I know they truly arent alive any longer. They are just empty vessels that craves flesh and nothing else. So why does it bother me so much?

- Let's... Let's go Nails. We've wasted enough time here thanks to me.
- I just...

Failing to complete the scentence, she went quite for a bit. Obviously faking a smile, she helped me lift Sophie once more and we proceeded onwards, past the zombie lacking a head. I winced as i passed it and carried on, trying to ignore it.
When we came to a three way junction, i saw a handy little map on the wall. Taking it off the wall and examining it, i saw a recreational room clearly marked on the map, along with other hot spots. Perfect, we haven't rested at all since we started. It might be risky to relax for a bit, but it might also be just what we need to carry onwards...

0 comments:

Post a Comment