Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dead Sun Rising; Chapter 2, Page 15

I took a deep breath to try and calm my shaking nerves. It didn't help all that much but i felt a bit better atleast. Perhaps it would help me stop stuttering. He stood there, firmly in place with his gun slightly lowered, looking at us with those blank, expressionless eyes that came with a gas mask. It was painfully obvious that this man was ready to shoot us at the blink of an eye so i felt no choice but to start a conversation, with my hands still in the air.

- I know im not in a position to ask but are you military, para-military, mercenary or just security? Are you even any of the above?
- ...
- Look, we have verified ourselves to be uninfected. Could we please, at the very least, put our hands down?
- ...
- I'm gonna go ahead and lower them now, ok?

So i slowly lowered them, he answered in kind by not shooting us. Progress, i guess. The masked man turned his attention to Sophie, asked us to move aside and started investigating the corpse. He looked at me and then asked;

- Why are you carrying around on a corpse? She seemes to be infected aswell.
- Because she is a valuable person to me. And if you would have been arsed to look closer, her neck is broken. I broke it myself after she was infected and fatally wounded. So no, she -wont- be coming back any time soon. Now Back. Off. From. Her. NOW.

Suprisingly, he backed off, the weapons hadn't shifted from it's original place though. Being the first time i actually stood at gun point, i didn't know what to do. This man could decide to shoot us at any moment and there would be nothing we could do about it. With zombies, we would've atleast stood a chance. Shit, shit, shit.

- Look, We are under a large ammount of pressure and we are civilians stranded here without even knowing how we got here in the first place. We just want to get out, nothing more, nothing less.
- ...
- Please, we beg of you. All we want is to get out of here, i want to bury my dead friend. Get out of here, just... Forget about all this. Go back to my life.
- ...

He took of his mask, and a man with short brown hair and green eyes revealed itself. He had a scar going from the left end of the forhead , past his eye, temple and ending and his cheek bone.

- I'm sorry for the scary act. I had to make sure you weren't hostile.
- I... Uh... Look, all we are looking for is a way out. Do you happen to know of it?
- No, i don't know. I awoke in this place after being knocked out by sleeping gas during one of my operations. And then... Well. Not even sure if i'm going the right way. I had assumed that this was a building and that the exit was downwards.
- That's not correct according to our information, we woke up about six floors downwards and all our info points to this being an underground facility and we need to climb upwards.
- So, you are telling me that i've been proceeding downwards for nothing?
- I guess so. Are you military? Your hardware seems to point at it.
- Both yes and no. Special operative Derek Yu to your service. Mostly, i go by my codename, Frost though. Sorry for that risky shot though on your partner, i saw no other option to save her though. As for my hardware, i looted it off of a dead guy a couple of floors up. Had to loot both his gear and his clothes. They are a bit of a loose fit though but a man can't be picky in situations like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment