Monday, September 12, 2011

Dead Sun Rising Chapter 1. Page 6

I just let her cry as much as she could. The faster she got it out of her system, the better. Not that i myself felt like crying, it's just that my first instinct was that by acting as strong as i could outwards, i could give her strength to get up and keep on moving.
Looking over my shoulder to the half naked Sophie almost made the tears well up again, but acting strong, I gave Nails a helping hand to help her get up and picked up Sophie afterwards. It was time to keep on moving out of this strange place.
Picking up our pace, we started moving down the large corridor. One thing that we both noticed, was that this place looked way cleaner. Almost like a hospital with the large corridors and many rooms. The vague smell of antiseptics crossed my nose, indicating that the zombies most likely hasn't been here, or at least not to a larger extent. Looking into the rooms, we saw several things. Most of the rooms were simple rooms with one bed, straps to then (Most likely so they could keep a subject in place) and a light hanging above the bed. Some beds were stained with blood, some not. It almost felt like a horrible prison.
My mind started racing about the different scenarios that could have taken place there and none of them looked particularly good. Most of them involved what I imagined processing over the the undead side and most likely, the straps were to keep them in place because otherwise they wouldn't be still due to pain or escaping. But who knows, I may as well have been blowing smoke out of my arse for all I know.
Passing by all the rooms, we found ourselves in a crossroad with three different directions. Since there wasn't much to say, I balled up my fist gently and stretched it out in her general direction. After looking at me for a second or two, she realized that I wanted to play Rock-paper-scissor to decide which way to go, not punch her.

Damn, paper vs. Scissor. Looks like Nails win. Looking a bit happy about her victory, she chose to go left and I complied since well... She was the winner. Walking along it, she tried her hand at small talk, just to pass the time and get what I imagined to be our eventual death out of her head.

- So... Chris. What were your hobbies before all this?
- Well... I used to be a no-good guy turned decent to be honest. Play video games, being with my friends, organize events, stuff like that. I used to be quite passionate about the it too, even if everyone around me usually were better at what I did. I've always been an underdog.
- I see... Well, I myself used to be the party hard kind of girl. Even if nobody in particular liked me, I was tomboyish and liked to party to get my mind of my otherwise miserable life. It's kinda surprising what being a tomboy and having an ample chest can get you with boys.
- Uh... Right. Well, I'm not one to judge to be honest. I've had my share of girls, trying to sleep my way through my also miserable life, haha. But I try not to think about it too much. I've found that brooding to much about the past just brings you more pain.
- I guess... You're right. I was meaning to ask you, but who is that girl you are carrying around?
- *Sigh*, Well... She was my first girlfriend. One from a long time ago. From when I was 15, her name is Sophie. She was the first person I encountered here in this hell hole, she was infected in a hasty encounter so I had to snap her neck in the end, before she was going to try and take a bite out of me. That why her head is hanging in such a bizarre way

Without realizing it, tears started running down and dropping on Sophie, grief taking me over for a short duration of our walk. Nails, looking like she realized she stepped on sensitive grounds, just kept on walking besides me, not saying a single word more.
When we arrived at another crossroad, she balled up her fist and stretched it out into my general direction. Sigh, another one of her victories, scissor vs. rock. Once again, she chose left and kept on walking, her body language screaming that she was positive this was the way out. I sure hoped so, because I was hoping that this hell soon was over. But maybe that was wishful thinking.
Hopefully, the zombies are located in one place only and hasn't escaped this... Facility of sort.
I don't know if I could handle a destroyed world outside of this pit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment