Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dead Sun Rising; Chapter 1, p.4

We proceeded along the cold corridor, with what i imagined to be wind blowing in our faces. If i was right, maybe we were on the right path out of here. There was something i really couldn't get away from though, a worry nagging me in the back of my head. Those people i heard before, what happened to them? They couldn't just have all disappeared right? Argh, I better let it go before it eats me up. No pun intended.
The corridor was just about as empty as one would expect with little to no sound reverberating on the cold stone walls.

Hey Nails... This might not be the best question to ask right now but do you know anything about where we are?
… No. All I really remember Is Panic...
I... See.
And you uh... Chris, do you remember anything?
No, not really. All I can remember is panicked steps, a lot of them, a massive headache when I woke up and not much else. Rrgh, this lack of information is killing me!
Bad choice of words...
Uh... Sorry...

Seeing no point in continuing after I unwittingly killed the mood, we kept going straight until we actually had no other choice. We were facing what looked like another one of those vault type doors, but it was hard to see in the bad light. So I put Sophie down and started to feel my way around the door to see if I could grab a hold of any handle.
After around 20 seconds of fumbling around for a handle, I finally found one and started to twist the handle, I noticed that this didn't open the door though so I asked nails to look for any other handle, which she did after a while. When we finally got the door to open, a horrid smell seeped out of the crack in the door and it overwhelmed us both like a tidal wave of sour lemon which caused us both to start coughing like madmen.
I opened the door fully with a little help from Nails and it was pitch black in there. I didn't exactly feel comfortable walking in there without any source of light but was impatient to get out of there. My common sense tingled a bit though about the potential dangers that might be ahead of us so I consulted Nails about what we should do. The response was as expected, that she didn't want to go in there and I understood her. The following scream from there though made me instinctively react and so I lifted Sophie up again and told her that I was going in there.
Without looking back, I ran in to the darkness in some vain attempt to try and save whomever was in there. I just hoped that I wasn't about to become lunch for any eventual lurking horrors.
Walking around in pitch black darkness isn't the most fun thing i've been through, let me tell you that. Ever tried walking around with your eyes closed? It's very much like that.
Feeling as I entered an abyss of some kind, I started walking around trying to locate where the source of the sounds was coming from but I was starting to feel more and more stupid with every step I took.
Then the light hit me, quite literally. It felt like a punch in the face when all the bright light started lighting up one by one. I was so surprised by this that I dropped Sophie on the floor and started trying to cover my face as a reaction after becoming severely blinded.
I don't know for how long my vision failed me, but it really felt like an eternity and the voice got higher pitched, and a chorus of moaning followed shortly after which quite quickly caught my attention.
Trying to see again with watery eyes, I stepped forward and slipped on something and banged my head on the stone floor. Lying there for a couple of seconds, I tried getting up again and when my vision cleared shortly after... It was a tragedy to behold.
It was like stepping into a butchers house. Except the subjects on the various meat hooks hanging from the ceiling and large room wasn't animals and animal parts.
It was humans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment